Own Automotive History!
#338 of 500 Official Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars
Stunning, 2007 Atomic Orange Corvette Convertible Pace Car With 14,050 original Miles (22,611 Kilometres)
On May 27th 2007 Chevrolet Corvette, for a record 9th time, was selected to “set the pace” for the World Famous “Indy 500” race.
For this occasion, Chevrolet built a limited stable of Corvette Convertibles in Atomic Orange with gold ribbon graphics.
All cars were equipped as follows:
- Convertibles models only
- Atomic Orange paint
- Special Indy 500 external graphics
- Specific Indy 500 fender badges
- Colour keyed Zo6 rear deck spoiler-Aluminum “split spoke” wheels finished in sterling silver
- Ebony interior trim with embroidered Indian apples 500 logos on the headrests
- Special interior trim plates
- Atomic Orange engine covers
- LS2 400 horsepower V8 engine
- L51 performance package
- 6 speed manual transmission
- Navigation system with Bose audio system with “On Star”
- 3LT Equipment package
It needs to be noted that Replica Pace Cars are not always produced, by the manufacturer, to celebrate the honour of being selected to lead the Indy 500, and this 2007 Collectors Edition was the first since 1998 to be offered to the public. At the Indy 500 race, the pace car was driven by celebrity “Patrick Dempsey” (McDreamy on Grey’s Anatomy) and co-driven by Racing driver icon “Jonny Rutherford.”
Number #338 was produced in Bowling Green Kentucky on May 15th, 2007, and shipped to Landmark Chevrolet in Houston Texas. This car is offered with a clear Carfax (USA and Canada) and has had only one warranty claim in its life for a factory recall.
Here is your opportunity to own a stunning piece of Automotive History that is unbelievable showroom condition with very, very low usage.
Contact a Forbes Motorsport representative for availability and pricing details: 519-742-4463
Stock no: 139748